My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken with Goat Cheese Vinaigrette

This recipe is from Real Simple and it was. I bought about 5 chicken breasts so I had to increase the recipe for the vinaigrette. I used the leftover basil I had from Shabbat dinner instead of parsley. We thought this was a really tasty quick meal. I took it to work for lunch for a couple days and it was great reheated also.

Ingredients:
1 box of orzo
1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for cooking chicken
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally
salt and pepper

Directions:

Cook the orzo according to the package. Meanwhile combine the olive oil, basil, red pepper and goat cheese in a small bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a pan with olive oil heated over medium high. Cook the chicken in batches about 3 minutes per side. Set aside and cover with foil until ready to serve. Drizzle the goat cheese mixture over the chicken and orzo before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment