My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pea and Basil Soup with Turkeyball Kebabs

For Shabbat dinner a couple of weeks ago I made this pea and basil soup. It was very easy and light. I found the recipe via foodgawker, of course. I didn't really look at the recipe because I didn't want to make so much. I also made some turkey meatball kebabs because I couldn't think of any way I wanted to use the ground turkey and pineapple we had. We ended up cooking the meatballs in a frying pan first because otherwise they would have fallen off the skewers when we grilled them. I just made the meatballs with turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, and some chopped cilantro.

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen peas
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
water or stock
olive oil
basil
salt, pepper

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sautee the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the peas and stir to heat through. Add water or stock, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until ready to puree. Puree with an immersion blender, season, and mix in chopped basil just before serving.
We had some tomatoes from my father in law's garden so I mixed them together with some other veggies we had on hand for a quick salad. It has cucumber, chickpeas, feta, and my orange infused olive oil from Croatia.



No comments:

Post a Comment