My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spinach Artichoke stuffed Portobello

I got this idea from this post that I saw on foodgawker. I changed it by adding the artichokes and cooking it all in the oven. We had some leftover pasta with tomatoes and peppers etc. that I'd made another night.


Ingredients:
2 large Portobella Mushroom Caps 1/2 package of cream cheese sour cream
1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
10 oz package frozen Spinach
monterey jack cheese, shredded
parmesan
bread crumbs
S&P
Olive Oil

Directions:
Wipe down the mushroom caps to remove excess dirt or debris (don’t ‘wash’ mushrooms, just use a wet paper towel to wipe down). Scrape out the gills and remove the stem if it’s there. Brush with olive oil and season, and broil for a few minutes.
Defrost the spinach, and mix together with the cheese and artichokes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide the spinach mixture in half and fill the mushroom caps. Top with some monterey jack and parmesan and a little bit of bread crumb. Bake at 350 until golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment