My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Carrot and Mint Soup

I saw this recipe on foodgawker. I used mint instead of basil because I switched up the herbs I bought for the cauliflower side dish. I think putting the mint in the soup made it a lot more palatable for Blake, who doesn't like things to be as herbal as I do. I really liked how the chickpeas made the soup creamy. I didn't have vegetable broth so I used a vegetable bullion cube and enough water to cover the veggies.

Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
about 10 carrots, chopped
1 can of garbanzo beans, cooked
5 cups of vegetable broth
1/4 cup mint, chopped
Freshly-ground sea salt and black pepper to taste

Cook the onions in olive oil over medium high heat. Add the carrots and chickpeas and stir until heated. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are soft, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and puree with an immersion blender. Stir in chopped mint before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment