My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Turkey Taco Pasta

I was attracted to this recipe because it is a one pot meal.  I did not do a low carb version though and I probably added more cheese than necessary so I don't know if I can call it healthy.  It was very easy and comforting though if not the most beautiful thing I've ever made.  It made a ton and we'll have leftovers for a couple of days.  

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
salt
1 lb ground turkey
1 package taco seasoning (I usesd a chipotle one)
1 14oz can diced tomatoes
1 lb Rotini
1 can chicken broth, plus about half a can of water
1 can red kidney beans
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
1 avocado, chopped, for garnish

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and salt and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.  Stir in the ground turkey and taco seasoning and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Break up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.  Stir in the diced tomatoes with their juices, and then add rotini. Pour broth and water over pasta and stir to combine. Cover and bring to a simmer, then lower heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked, 9 to 10 minutes.  Season with salt if needed.  Stir in 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese. Serve with avocados and remaining cheese for garnish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment