My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pistachio Crusted Chicken and Roasted Acorn Squash

I made this on Monday because the recipe looked so easy and because I'm a little obsessed with acorn squash.  I felt like this was a very healthy meal and I enjoyed the leftovers for lunch the next day.  I served it with some Uncle Ben's minute wild rice. 

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg white
about 1 cup chopped pistachios
salt, pepper
1 acorn squash
brown sugar
olive oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375.  Cut the acorn sqaush into slices about a 1/4 inch thick.  Toss with some olive oil, salt, and pepper on a foil lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar and roast for about 35-40 minutes. 

Meanwhile, chop the pistachios.  Whisk one egg white until foamy and season with salt and pepper.  Dredge chicken breasts in egg mixture and then press into pistachios until coated.  Place in a pyrex dish and bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment