My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Stuffed Acorn Squash

I went the grocery the other night with nothing in mind to make for dinner.  I ended up buying 2 acorn squash.  I love butternut squash, but I think acorn squash might be my favorite.  It is so buttery.  
I cut it in half, and sliced the ends off so that it would sit flat in a pyrex dish.  I seasoned it with salt and pepper, and dropped half a tab of butter in the center.  Then, fill the dish with water halfway up the squash.  Cover with foil and roast on 375 for about 35-40 minutes until tender.  
Meanwhile, make the stuffing.  This time I took the easy way out and used a steamable bag of wild rice, broccoli and carrots.  I sautéed some onion and then added 2 steamed bags of the vegetables.  I also mixed in some chopped tomatoes.  When the squash was ready, I filled it with the stuffing, topped with some parmesan cheese and stuck it back in the oven for about 10 minutes just until the cheese was bubbly.  

While I was doing all of that, I also sliced the other acorn squash I bought.  I seasoned it with salt, pepper and some brown sugar and roasted it for about 40 minutes.  Since we had so much extra stuffing, I made myself 2 lunches of extra stuffing and sliced, roasted acorn squash, which was delicious.  I did not take pictures of that, because I plan to make it again as soon as possible for Blake to eat too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment