My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Balsamic Brussel Sprouts

I made these brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving.  They were so good freshly prepared, but not as good after being reheated since they lost their crispness.   I wanted to make this recipe again so Blake could have try it as it was meant to be served.  Last time I par boiled the sprouts whole, then sliced them and browned them in butter.  This time I roasted them in the oven.  They were just as good both ways.

Ingredients:
1 container brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
olive oil
salt, pepper
balsamic vinaigrette dressing
shredded parmesan
toasted pine nutes
pomegranate seeds

Directions:  Trim the brussel sprout outer leaves and stem.  Cut in half and spread on a foil lined baking sheet.  Toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Roast on 375 for 20 minutes.  When ready, toss with the balsamic vinaigrette.  Top with parmesan, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment