My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken

This week we made the second of many, many frozen slow cooker meals.  This cooked for about  hours on high and another 2 on low.  I tasted it before we served it and it was extremely tart from the lemons.  I fished the lemon rind out and reasoned it with salt, pepper, a little cayenne, chili powder and paprika.  We served it with israeli cous cous and a sprinkle of chopped chives.

Cranberry Chicken:
2 medium apples, cut into wedges
1 medium onion, chopped
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts 
2 lemons cut into wedges
2 tablespoons honey
1 can of cranberry sauce (or you can use fresh cranberries if they are in season)


The other frozen slow cooker meal that I posted previously was beef stew.  I wrote and saved all my slow cooker recipes in a label template so that I could print them directly on to label sheets for sticking on the freezer bags.  I do not know how to attach a document to the blog, so I won't post all the slow cooker recipes I assembled until I either figure that out or actually make them all.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment