My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Broccoli and Roasted Apple Soup

I saw this recipe on foodgawker and made my own version of it last night.  I did not add the feta topping because some of our guests do not eat cheese.  Blake really liked this soup so if I make it again I'll try it with that topping.

Ingredients:
1/2 onion, chopped
2 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large head of broccoli, chopped
3 granny smith apples, cored and chopped
chopped sage, fresh thyme
salt, pepper
olive oil
2 cans vegetable broth

Directions:
Toss the apples with some olive oil, salt, pepper, sage and thyme and roast at 400 for about 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, heat some olive oil over medium heat and sautee the onion until softened.  Add the potato and the broccoli and cook for a few minutes.  Add the apples when they are ready and cook for a few more minutes before adding the vegetable broth (I only had 1 can so I added another can of water and a vegetable bullion cube).  Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until potato chunks are soft.  Puree using an immersion blender.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment