My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken in mustard cream sauce with au gratin potatoes and brussel sprout slaw

Last night I made up this dinner without using a recipe. I had looked at one of Giada's recipes before that gave me the idea. I didn't measure anything, so the measurements below are just my guesses. I also tried to reproduce the brussel sprout dish at Dolce Vita and thought I did quite well. The potatoes were just out of a box.

Chicken Ingredients:

4 pieces of thinly sliced chicken breast
1 onion, sliced
1/4 cup marsala wine
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup dijon mustard
salt, pepper
olive oil
1 tbsp butter

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sautee in pan a few minutes on each side or until brown and then remove and set aside on a plate. Add a little more olive oil and the butter to the pan and scrape up the little bits of chicken. Add sliced onion and sautee until soft. Add marsala wine to deglaze, then whisk in dijon mustard and milk. Return chicken to pan and simmer until sauce thickens a little.

Brussel Sprout Ingredients:
1 container of brussels sprouts, washed
olive oil
1 lemon
about 1 cup pecorino romano, grated
salt, pepper

Directions:
Pull the outer leaves off of the brussel sprouts and then shred on the mini mandolin. Add in grated pecorino romano, lemon juice and olive oil until slightly moist. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment