My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Monday, February 1, 2010

Fruit Crumble


Blake bought me these adorable Le Creuset mini cocottes for V-Day so I had to use them last night. He thinks these will change our lives because they will help with portion control. I'm just excited because it makes food so much cuter.
I made one peach crumble and one strawberry/rhubarb one. I put lemon and cinnamon in the peach one and a pinch each of nutmeg and clove in the strawberry one. I improvised the recipe from the one for peach crumble in the Le Creuset mini cocotte cookbook that came with the set. This is the final product, served with ice cream. Below are 2 pictures of it before it went in the oven. Next time I will use a little less sugar, use smaller walnut pieces and add oats to the topping.

Serves 2

Ingredients:
Frozen fruit, defrosted
1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 half lemon, zested and juiced
cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg to taste

For the topping:
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup walnuts (half a small bag)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Defrost fruit and cut into small chunks. Lightly butter mini cocottes.
For peach cobbler, mix peaches with a teaspoon of lemon zest, the juice of half a lemon, and about a teaspoon of cinnamon. Then mix in about 2 tablespoons of sugar.
For strawberry/rhubarb, mix in a tiny bit of the lemon juice and a pinch of zest. Add a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves and the rest of the sugar (2 tablespoons).
Mix all ingredients for topping together.
Spoon fruit mixtures into buttered dishes and spoon topping over the top. Place mini cocottes on a foiled cookie sheet in case of spills and bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment