My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pasta and Vegetables

Monday I was stranded at my house because my car was in the shop. I had to use pantry ingredients to make a lunch. I came up with this which was not bad. I just used some frozen vegetables I had on hand and made a quick agli olio sauce for it.

Ingredients:
1/2 box of whole wheat elbow pasta
1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
1/2 bag of frozen artichoke quarters
1/2 bag of frozen snow peas
3 garlic cloves, grated
red pepper flakes
olive oil
parmesan cheese

Directions:
Boil pasta according to package instructions. A couple minutes before done, add frozen veggies to water. Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan and add red pepper flakes to infuse. Drain pasta and veggies and return to pan. Add crushed garlic to oil and stir for 1 minute. Then mix in with pasta. Top with parmesan cheese. Made about 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment