My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cake Balls

On Thursday I made cake balls for Blake for Valentine's Day. He recently heard about them from his friend in Atlanta and wanted to try them. I had them once when Stacy made them but I didn't like them because they were a strange texture. I tried not to add the whole can of frosting to mine so they wouldn't be so sticky and so that you could tell it was cake. They came out very pretty and were a big hit at school and with Blake.

Ingredients:
1 box cake mix, cooked according to directions on box
1 16 oz can of frosting
1 pckg. chocolate bark
decorations

Directions:
Bake the cake and let cool. Crumble cake in a large bowl or in cake pan.
Mix in frosting, starting with less than the whole container. Let chill completely. Roll quarter sized balls and place on wax paper. Chill again. Melt chocolate bark in small batches in the microwave and roll chilled cake balls in the choclate. Drop onto wax paper. Decorate quickly with sprinkles or wait until cooled and hardened to drizzle more melted chocolate on top or decorate with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment