My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quinoa Taco Salad

I wanted to make this because of this recipe and also this one. I added the frozen corn to the quinoa in the pan before it had absorbed all the water, so that it could defrost the corn while it finished cooking. I think it is very colorful and very delicious.

Ingredients:
1 cup red quinoa
2 cups water
1 taco seasoning pack
1 can black beans
1 small bag frozen corn
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
big handful of cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook quinoa according to package instructions with taco seasoning mixed in. Cool completely.
Cube avocado and toss in lime juice.
Mix all ingredients together. Pour avocado mixture in, stir gently, garnish with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment