My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cinnamon Crunch Chicken

This recipe was on French Fridays with Dorie a few weeks ago.  I saw a million pictures of it and it looked delicious.  I also read that it only had 3 ingredients and was super easy to make, so I had to try it.  You cannot use heavy cream or sour cream as a substitute for the creme fraiche in this recipe because they will break over the heat.  We could not find creme fraiche at Whole Foods for several weeks though, but I finally got to make this last night.  I thought it was worth the wait.  Somehow the sauce turns out like a caramel.  I served it with some cous cous and steamed green beans.

Ingredients:
Chicken tenders
1 container creme fraiche
ginger snap cookies
salt, pepper, olive oil

Directions:
Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.  Heat oil over medium heat and sautee chicken until golden brown on each side.  Meanwhile, roughly chop about 6 small gingersnap cookies and mix into the creme fraiche.  When chicken is browned, add creme fraiche mixture to the pan and mix it with the chicken.  Bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve immediately with some more cookies crumbled on top for some more crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment