My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken with veggies

I had a tub of sour cream that I'd gotten for a recipe I didn't end up making.  After searching for some other recipe where I could us the sour cream, I came across a recipe similar to this one.  I don't usually like a lot of sour cream on my foods, so I was not sure I would like this at all.  It turned out to be very tasty and the chicken was extremely moist.  I would make it again and marinate the chicken for longer in the sour cream to increase the flavor.  I served this with the leftover potatoes and artichokes and some veggies.

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream
seasoned bread crumbs
salt, pepper, olive oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  Add the sour cream and coat the chicken.  Press the chicken into the bread crumbs until coated.  Bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through.

Vegetables:  Sautee some onion in oil over medium low heat.  When translucent, add frozen peas and carrots.  Add some white wine and season with herbs de provence.   Cook until vegetables are tender and moisture is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment