My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Monday, October 3, 2011

Blackened Tilapia with Potatoes and Artichoke Hearts

I saw a photo of a catfish seasoned with paprika that came out pretty red and crispy so I thought I could make a version of that.  I used mostly paprika and some chili powder, and then just a little bit of some other seasonings I had on hand.  It came out pretty and crispy, so Blake approved of this fish dinner.  
Ingredients:
Tilapia fillets
paprika
chili powder
garlic powder
onion powder
cayenne
curry powder
cumin
salt, pepper, oil
lemon

Directions:
Mix the seasonings together in a small dish.  Press the fish into the seasonings to coat.  Heat oil over medium heat and sautee the fish about 3 minutes per side.  Remove from the heat and serve immediately with some lemon.  

For the artichokes and potatoes, I decided to try to cook baby artichokes for the first time.  I trimmed the stem and outer leaves, and cut a portion off the top and dropped them in lemon water until I was ready to cook them.  I boiled some fingerling potatoes and added the artichoke hearts towards the end of the boiling time.  I only wanted to cook the potatoes until just barely tender because I was going to fry them afterwards.  After draining the vegetables, I sauteed some shallots and garlic in a pan over medium heat and sliced the potatoes and artichokes.  I added them to the shallots and cooked them until they were browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment