My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chicken with Apples and Onions

I have been seeing a lot of recipes for pork with apples and they always sound really good except for the pork.  I decided to try to cook some sweet onions and apples and serve them with chicken so we could enjoy a nice fall dish.  This would have been great with a little goat cheese if I had had some on hand.  I served it with leftover sauteed spinach and potatoes au gratin from Capital Grille where we had "date night" yesterday.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts, sliced in half
salt, pepper, oil, herbs de provence, cayenne
2 honey crisp apples, chopped
1 onion, sliced

Directions:
Sautee the onions on medium heat until translucent.  Add the apples and sautee with the onions until all are softened.  Season with salt, pepper, herbs de provence and a pinch of cayenne.  Keep over low heat.    Meanwhile, season the chicken and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.  Serve atop the apples and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment