My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Tomatoes and Cauliflower Gratin

I'm pretty sure I made these as side dishes to go with steak that Blake grilled. I didn't take a picture of the whole meal though. Blake didn't love the tomatoes, which I should have anticipated but I liked them and we both loved the cauliflower. I think I used this recipe as a suggestion for that.

Tomato Ingredients:
Vine tomatoes
Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
olive oil

Directions:
Toss tomatoes in oil and seasoning. Pop into 400 degree oven and roast until puckered about 30 minutes.

Cauliflower Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 1/2 cups milk
salt, pepper
breadcrumbs
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup gruyere
parmesan
2 tbsp flour

Directions:
Heat the cauliflower, milk, flour and salt together over medium heat. When the cauliflower is softened and the mixture is thickened, slowly stir in cheeses, except for parmesan. Season to taste. Pour into greased casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and parmesan and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment