My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No Mayo Avocado Chicken Salad

I really liked this recipe which I followed off of a blog I saw on foodgawker. I just used about 2 cups of chicken from a precooked chicken I bought at the store. I ate it for lunch for a few days, stuffed in pita bread.

Ingredients

2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (use cold)
1 small red onion, diced
1 small green apple, diced
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 avocado, mashed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
2 pita pockets, halved

1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, avocado, red onion, apple, and salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice and stir to coat evenly.
2. Add the cooled chicken to mixture, Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
3. Spoon into pita pockets and serve with extra toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts or cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment