My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

It seems like I've been making a lot of chicken, but I remember us grilling a lot of steak. Since that's Blake thing I don't take pictures of it. This was tasty and good as leftovers that I took to school all week. I looked at a couple recipes (here's one, and here's another) but then I pretty much made it up. It's been a while so I don't quite remember what kind of soups I used (I don't think I used mushroom) and I don't remember exactly what I did. I'm kind of guessing with the directions now... I served it with a simple green salad and some frozen garlic bread sticks that were not so great.

Ingredients:
1 package chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 bag egg noodle
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 can chicken broth
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt n Pepper to taste
unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
milk (how much?)
1/2 cup coarsely grated Gruyère cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
1 cup coarsely crushed crackers

Directions:
Melt the butter in a pan and sautee the onion until soft. Meanwhile, boil water and cook noodles according to package instructions. Add in the soups and the chicken broth. Heat until well incorporated. Whisk flour with milk and add to the soup mixture to thicken it. When thickened, add in cubed chicken and heat through. Then add in shredded cheddar and gruyere. Grease a casserole dish with butter and preheat oven to 350. Drain noodles and stir into sauce mixture. Pour into casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers and a little more shredded cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbly. Let set before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment