My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

I made this salad to eat for lunch last week. It doesn't look so good in the picture I finally remembered to take one day at lunchtime. It was pretty tasty though and I would make it again.

Ingredients:
1 package chicken tenders
salt, pepper
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts, halved
1/4 cup kalamata olives, quartered
1 can hearts of palm, sliced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, quartered
3 tbsp pesto
toasted pine nuts
crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Check to make sure they are cooked through, and cut into cubes. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile cut all vegetables. Mix vegetable with cooked quinoa. Add in chicken, nuts, and pesto. Top with feta cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment