My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Turkey Stuffed Peppers

For dinner last night I tried to make something healthy I found on a weight watchers blog. I changed the recipe a little and served it with some salad and some whole clove garlic bread. I have lots of leftovers to eat for lunch this week.

Ingredients:
1.25 pounds of ground turkey (italian seasoned lean)
1/4 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used whatever I had left in a jar of arrabiata)
1/2 can of chicken stock
salt
olive oil
4 small red bell peppers
1 bag of uncle bens microwave brown rice
2% shredded cheddar and jack blend

Directions:
Chop the onion and the garlic. Heat olive oil in a large sautee pan and cook garlic and onion until soft. Add in ground turkey and brown until cooked all the way through. Add tomato sauce and chicken stock and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Meanwhile, cook the rice in the microwave and cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, removing all the seeds and white parts. Mix rice into turkey mixture and season with salt to taste. Stuff mixture into bell pepper halves as much as possible. Lay in a pyrex casserole dish. Add a little bit more chicken stock just to cover the bottom of dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 400 for about 35 minutes. Remove foil and top with shredded cheese before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment