My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Rolls with chicken and vegetables

I ate way too much junk food and cake this weekend so I wanted to make something really light for dinner last night. I decided to make spring rolls which I made with Sudy once a while back. It took a while to do but made a ton and I really like them. I bought a jar of Thai peanut dipping sauce and marinade and made a mango salad to go with it, which was really spicy but good.

Ingredients:
Rice paper wrappers
4 carrots
green leaf lettuce
1 red bell pepper
mint, basil, cilantro
bean sprouts
1 roast chicken, shredded

For Salad:
3 mangos, cut into chunks
1/4 red onion thinly sliced
1 green thai chili, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 inch piece of ginger, grated
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar

Directions,
Slice the carrots and bell pepper very thin. Lay all ingredients out on a plate. Fill a large bowl with hot water. One at a time, soak a rice paper sheet in the water for a few seconds until it is soft, but still holds together. Lay it out on a cutting board and layer with lettuce, carrot, red pepper, bean sprouts, herbs, and pieces of chicken. Roll like a burrito as tight as possible and set aside on wax paper or a plate to refrigerate until ready to serve. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for mango salad together and refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment