My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Roasted Chickpeas

Yesterday I was browsing on foodgawker and found this recipe for roasted chickpeas. It's supposed to be a very healthy snack so I thought I'd try it out. Unfortunately, mine did not come out all crispy so Blake did not like them. Some were crunchy, but most were a little soft inside. I might have needed to cook them a little longer longer.

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
a little olive oil
pinch of curry powder
pinch of coriander powder
pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Drain chickpeas and dump onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Add a little olive oil and seasonings to taste. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes, mixing the chickpeas around about every 10 minutes. Let cool to crisp before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment