My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sweet Potato and Apple Soup

I made this soup for Shabbat and thought it was amazing. I really loved it and ate half the bowl before I remembered to take a picture. My mom was in town and had gone to the grocery for me. She bought some pre-cooked, sliced sweet potatoes. I think it was about 2 small potatoes in all. It really saved a lot of time.

Ingredients:
Pre-cooked sweet potatoes (about 2)
1 onion, chopped
1 green apple, chopped
ground coriander, ground ginger
vegetable broth
olive oil
salt, pepper

Directions:
Cook the onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened. Add apple, and sautee until softened. Add cooked sweet potato pieces and toss to coat. Add vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and puree with an immersion blender. Season with ground coriander and ground ginger. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment