My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Greek Style Meatballs

I made this for Shabbat Dinner as well. The recipe comes from Real Simple, but called for ground lamb, which I wasn't able to find. I used beef instead and it turned out pretty good anyway. I think Blake liked the meatballs and was happy that I put feta all over the vegetables, but he doesn't like to eat that much raw tomato.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 small red onion, half finely chopped and half thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
1 box couscous
fresh lemon juice
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
4 ounces Feta, crumbled
Brianna's Poppy seed dressing.

Directions:
Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine the meat, coriander, chopped onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Form the meat into 1 ½-inch balls (about 20) and place them on a broilerproof baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package instructions.
Toss vegetables with dressing and serve with the couscous and meatballs with sliced onion, feta, and lemon juice on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment