My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tortellini Pesto Primavera

I bought some tortellini that I needed to use, so I found this recipe on foodgawker. I liked it because it was full of vegetables and not very heavy.

Ingredients:
1 package of refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
12-15 spears of asparagus, washed and cut into 1″ pieces
2 big handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced and reconstituted in water (soak for 10 min.)
1 cup fresh basil pesto (buy pre-made or click here for recipe to make your own)

Directions:
In a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini according to package instructions. When they have about 3 minutes left to boil, throw the asparagus, spinach, and tomatoes into the water with the tortellini. Drain and return to pot. Add the pesto, tossing to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment