My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Friday, July 30, 2010

Skirt Steak and Grilled Corn Salad

Blake and I made this together the other night and it was delicious. Blake loved it and told me to definitely remember this one, especially the marinade for the steak. He did the grilling, so this was a really easy and simple meal with not a lot of clean up. I saw the recipe for the salad in Better Homes and Gardens magazine while I was waiting to see my dentist. I went to Whole Foods right after to get the ingredients and decided to get some steak to go with it.

Steak:
1 skirt steak, cut to size for two
juice of half a large juicy lime
salt, pepper, olive oil
3 tablespoons cilantro dressing and dipping sauce (I bought at Central Market)
small handful of cilantro, torn up

Place steak in bag and add marinade ingredients. Toss to coat steak. Marinate for at least 45 minutes at room temperature. Grill to medium rare. Rest, slice and serve.

Salad:
1 english cucumber, sliced
1 pint blueberries
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/3 red onion, sliced thinly
1 large handful cilantro, chopped
5 ears of corn, grilled, and cut
juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
Mix lime juice, olive oil, honey, cumin and salt together. Chop all ingredients and mix together. Dress with lime mixture. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment