My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Friday, July 23, 2010

Goat Cheese Pasta

I wanted to use up the leftover cheese from the Poblano pepper recipe so I decided to try this pasta I found on the TLC website. It was pretty good, although it got a little dry halfway through eating it. I did add some water right when I mixed the pasta with the cheese mixture, but it could have used some more. I used thyme, wine, and pine nuts, instead of sage, broth, and walnuts, because that's what I had. This is a similar recipe I have saved also.

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup (3 ounces) goat cheese
1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
linguine
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped toasted pine nuts

Directions:
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook slowly until golden and caramelized, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, combine goat cheese and milk in small bowl; stir until well blended. Set aside and cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and set aside. Add garlic to onions in skillet; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, thyme, salt and pepper; cook until moisture is evaporated. Remove from heat; add pasta and goat cheese mixture, stirring to melt cheese. Sprinkle with nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment