My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tuna tacos

Monday I made these for dinner. I looked at some recipes in foodgawker but I just did this myself. I really liked it and it felt pretty healthy to eat. I served it with a salad of black beans, corn and cherry tomatoes over romaine with a low fat ranch dressing.

Ingredients:
1 tuna steak
1 bag of corn tortillas
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 limes
1 bunch cilantro
salt, pepper, chayenne
1 avocado
1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
olive oil

Directions:
Chop the cabbage and slice the avocado. Squeeze a lime over the avocado and set aside. Mix the mayonnaise with the juice of one lime, salt, pepper, and a pinch of cheyenne pepper. Chop a handful of cilantro finely and mix it in. Add more cilanto to taste. Rub olive oil on the tuna and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side, leaving it pink and rare in the middle. Remove from the heat and allow to rest a few minutes before cutting into slices against the grain. Heat tortillas over the gas burner to warm up before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment