My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Potato, Brocooli, Cheddar Soup

I'm not feeling well this week so I wanted to make soup in my slow cooker last night. My plan was to put it in right when I got home so I wouldn't have to mess with anything later when Blake came over to eat. I tried to cut a recipe in half, but I had to add more water to get the right consistency so now I have soup which I have to eat the rest of the week. I couldn't really taste the soup that well but I think it was kind of bland. It was probably because the recipe didn't have any cream in it.

Ingredients:
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 bunch of spring onions, whites only, chopped - reserve greens for garnish
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can vegetable stock
1 can evaporated fat free milk
about 2 cups of water
1 package cut broccoli florets
salt, pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Add everything into the slow cooker except water, broccoli and cheddar. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for longer. Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add water if necessary to thin out the soup. Stir in the broccoli and cheese. Heat through and serve immediately with crusty bread. Garnish with green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment