My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spring Pasta

I threw this dinner together last night.  It was inspired by the look of this recipe, but they're not very similar.  Hopefully this meal was healthier.  I used no butter, very little cheese, and that Barilla plus pasta.   The best part of this was the oven roasted and marinated tomatoes that I bought for sandwiches, but thought to add to this at the last minute.

Boil pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, heat a few tablespoons of oil in a small pan.  Add a thinly sliced garlic clove and some red pepper flakes and cook until softened.  Turn off heat before garlic browns.  About 2 minutes before pasta is al dente, add frozen peas and artichoke hearts.  Drain well and return to pot.  Toss with garlic and pepper infused olive oil.  Add tomatoes with their oil if additional moisture is called for.  Top with parmesan and serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment