My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Slow Cooker Asian Chicken

Here's another slow cooker meal I made.  It was just ok.  I served it with rice and a quick salad I made with edamame beans, water chestnuts, mandarin orange slices and chili from Ron's garden.  It was dressed with some honey, soy and sugar.


Asian Chicken

-- 6 boneless, skinless breast halves
--1 cup brown sugar
--1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
--2/3 cup white wine vinegar
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
--2 T soy sauce
--1 tsp ground black pepper

The Directions.
Plop the chicken into your crockpot. Cover with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar, and pour in the soda. It will bubble!
Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5.
Serve over a bowl of white rice 

No comments:

Post a Comment