My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Peanut Crusted Tilapia

I came across this recipe on foodgawker and thought it would be a good crispy fish dish for me to make for Blake.  He did like it, but I thought the peanut crust overpowered everything else.  Next time I would not put so much.  The sauce toned it down a little though.  Also, I did not use enough oil to sautee the fish in and it started to burn too quickly.  We pulled it out of the pan and finished it in the oven which saved it.  I made rice and steamed snow peas to go with it and topped it with some cilantro.

4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tilapia fillets
vegetable oil
soy sauce
mirin
sugar
dried chili flakes
fish sauce
honey

Directions:
Mix together the peanut butter, soy and ginger until smooth.  Season the fish with salt and pepper and spread peanut paste on top.  Then press breadcrumbs in to coat.  Heat the pol and then add the fish fillets, crumb side down.  Cook until crumbs are golden and then turn over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.  Stir together soy, mirin, fish sauce, sugar, chili and honey to taste.  Serve fish over rice with sauce drizzled on top.  Garnish with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment