My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day Poached Pears


For Valentine's Day Blake was supposed to make me dinner, but he was so busy all week I ended up making him dinner. We didn't have much so I made a risotto with goat cheese and some vegetables. We had some pears so I was going to make a dessert out of them. I decided to finally use the wine from France that I got at the cooking school. I had been saving it for nothing in particular for over 4 years and since it was Valentine's Day and we're engaged and in the process of moving in together, I thought it was a good time. We drank the bottle from the winery and used the house wine from the cooking school for poaching the pears. I dissolved some sugar in water with lemon juice and then added the wine with the peeled and cored pears.

Dinner was kind of heavy so we weren't ready for dessert right away. Instead we did one more run over to my townhouse to move things. By the time we got done with that we were exhausted and didn't feel like eating the pears. I tried them and they were delicious, but unfortunately my wine I was saving for so long wasn't properly appreciated. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment