My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

I wanted to make twice baked potatoes for Blake to go with dinner last week but we ran out of time and ended up picking food up. I made these the next night just for myself. I got a little impatient and microwaved the potatoes to get them all the way baked and I think that changed the texture. Next time I will try to make the filling mixture creamier. I had to add a lot of extra milk to get it to a decent consistency. This recipe is a little lighter than the one that I linked to, which uses gruyere and heavy cream instead of cheddar and sour cream.

Ingredients:
2 baking potatoes
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
half container sour cream
chives
leftover broccoli
salt, pepper

Directions:
Scrub and pierce the potatoes with a fork. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for about an hour or until a knife inserts easily. Cut them in half and scrape out the inside into a bowl. Mix in the sour cream, cheddar, salt and pepper and cooked broccoli if using. When the mixture is smooth, spoon it back into the potato skin shells and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment