My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Greek Tilapia with Israeli Slaw

This meal was a version of this epicurious recipe, but I deviated.  I served it with a fennel slaw which I call Israeli salad.  Usually I make it with shaved fennel, a whole lot of chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  This time I added some vine ripened tomato wedges, without the seeds.  It really brightened the flavor and helped balance the strength of the garlic.  I also served this with some leftover baked penne which I froze before baking the other night.
Ingredients:
2 filets of Tilapia
mayonnaise
reduced fat crumbled feta
dried oregano
1 lemon

Directions:
Season tilapia with salt and pepper.  Coat with mayonnaise and sprinkle with dried oregano and crumbled feta.  Top each filet with 2 thin slices of lemon and squeeze remaining lemon juice over the fish.  Broil for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly crisped.

No comments:

Post a Comment