My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Banana Bread

Per the request of my brother in law, I made banana bread this week.  It was convenient since HISD wastes probably hundreds of bananas a day delivering breakfast to the classrooms.  I HATE breakfast in the classroom.  It is the stupidest idea ever.  But at least I got free bananas for banana bread.



This recipe is from the wife of one of my dad's partners.  I left out the nuts this time.  I have it sliced in the freezer now and I just microwave a slice each morning for breakfast.

1 Stick Butter                                      
1 Cup Mashed Bananas (About 4 Ripe)
1 Cup Sugar                                         
2 Cups Sifted Flour
1 Egg Beaten                                     
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda                   
½ Cup Chopped Nuts
3 Tablespoons Sweet Milk

Cream butter and sugar together.  Add beaten egg.  Dissolve soda in sweet milk and add bananas.  Add banana mixture to sugar mixture.  Combine sifted flour and baking powder.  Add to sugar, banana mixture.  Add nuts. Bake in a greased 9” loaf pan for 50 – 60 minutes.  This freezes well.   



2 comments:

  1. Whose wife? Motes? And also, next time, put chocolate chips in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I don't like chocolate with banana, but that's what Blake said too so maybe I'll do it for y'all next time.

    ReplyDelete