My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Brie Stuffed Turkey Burgers

I saw some stuffed burger recipes on foodgawker that gave me the idea for this. Blake was going to grill them, but we realized we were out of propane at the last minute and ended up having to cook them on the stove. It took much longer to cook through, so we added some beer and put a lid on it to help them steam. I wanted to put arugula on this for a little peppery flavor, but there wasn't any at the grocery so I compensated by making the apple mixture very hot. Blake made a spicy mayo ketchup spread for the buns. I served these with salad and some sweet potato fries, but they came out a little mushy, so I have to admit I like the frozen kind better.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey breast
salt, pepper
goat brie
apple
onion
cider vinegar
honey
maple syrup
cayenne pepper
buns

Directions:
Slice small chunks of the brie. Make some small flattened patties out of the turkey meat. Thin out the center as much as possible. Add a slice of cheese in the indentation. Work the edges of the turkey over and around the cheese, adding more if necessary. Work into a flattened patty. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to be grilled.

Meanwhile, chop onion and apple. Sautee onion in a small amount of olive oil until very softened. Add the apple and sautee until softened as well. Add in cider vinegar, honey, and maple syrup as well as cayenne. Cook until thickened. Add water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.

Grill turkey patties a few minutes on each side until completely cooked through. Top with apple mixture and serve on a crispy bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment