My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Friday, December 17, 2010

Stuffed Acorn Squash

Unfortunately, I really don't remember where I got this recipe, or how exactly I cooked this dish, which is too bad because it was really good.

I cut an acorn squash in half, and trimmed the bottoms so they would stand flat in my pyrex dish. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and a half a tab of butter. Then I poured water halfway up around them and baked them. I can't remember how long or at what temperature, but they came out very tender. While they were in the oven, I cooked some onion and broccoli, and some 90 second rice. I don't remember what else I put in it, but that could be all. When the squash came out of the oven, I had to pour the liquid out of them and the pyrex, before putting the stuffing in and topping with cheese. I think I used gouda. I just put it back in the oven long enough to melt and slightly brown the cheese. All the stuffing didn't fit, so I served it on the side as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment