My Food and Recipe Diary

My Food and Recipe Diary

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Steamed Chicken Dumplings


Last night I made these dumplings that I saw on another blog. I thought dumplings would be difficult to make, but really they were just time consuming. I was impressed with myself because they came out looking just right and were very flavorful too. I put a sprinkle of corn starch in the water I used to stick them together with, so that it would hold better. I made some rice in the steamer first and then some steamed broccoli in the microwave while the dumplings were cooking in the steamer. While they were cooking I made a dipping sauce.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground chicken
6 shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 package wonton wrappers
napa chinese cabbage
For dipping sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
scallions
2 tbsp sugar

Mix all ingredients for chicken together. Add a small amount to the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet the edge of the wonton wrapper and fold over, pinching closed. lay seam side down. Afterwards, go back and crimp edges. Steam on pieces of cabbage about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix ingredients for dipping sauce and stir well.

No comments:

Post a Comment